[UPHPU] NEW VENUE/SkiPHP: Meeting This Thursday: HTTP/2 and Asynchronous APIs by Davey Shafik @ Vivint

Justin Carmony justin at justincarmony.com
Mon Jan 11 21:00:45 MST 2016

Hey Everyone! Because SkiPHP is in town this week, we've moved the meeting
from the 3rd Thursday to the 2nd Thursday! The wonderful Davey Shafik from
Akami Technologies will be giving a talk on the future of HTTP/2 and
Asynchronous APIs! This will be hosted at Vivint at Thanksgiving Point!

*SkiPHP*

We're down to the wire to sign up to attend SkiPHP! It is this Thursday &
Friday and you can use the coupon code "UPHPU-LATE" to sign up for only
$179!

*Talk: HTTP/2 and Asynchronous APIs*

HTTP/2 (H2) is coming, and along with it a whole new way of communicating
over the web. Connection re-use, prioritization, multiplexing, and server
push are just some of the features in H2.

In this talk we'll look at the HTTP/2 protocol, and at how we can use
asynchronous request now with HTTP/1.x. We will also look at what
asychronous requests and H2 mean for your API and clients in the future.

*About Davey Shafik*

Davey Shafik is a full-time developer with over 14 years of experience in
PHP and related technologies. He is a Developer Evangelist at Akamai
Technologies and has written three books, numerous articles, and spoken at
conferences the world over. He is best known for his books, the Zend PHP
Certification Study Guide and PHP Master: Write Cutting Edge Code, and as
the creator of PHP Archive (PHAR) for PHP 5.3. Davey is passionate about
improving the tech community. He co-organizes the Prompt initiative (
mhprompt.org), dedicated to lifting the stigma surrounding mental health
discussions, and has worked with PHPWomen since its inception.

*Venue: Vivint*

3401 Ashton Blvd
Lehi, Utah 84043

How to get there:
The address is 3401 Ashton Blvd, though some mapping tools put that a
little far down the street (if so, try 2719 Ashton Blvd instead). It's the
first office building south of the intersection, nearest to the Dickeys BBQ
on the corner.

Just come in the front door and we'll be on the first floor, to the right.

The front door will be locked, but there's a guard on duty right inside
that can let folks in, and we're really close to the front door, so we
should be able to help people get in pretty easily.

If you can't get in, call 801-391-8249 and we'll get you in!

Look forward to seeing everyone on Thursday!

Justin Carmony