[UPHPU] June Meeting: React PHP by Steve Meyers

Justin Carmony justin at justincarmony.com
Mon Jun 16 12:28:47 MDT 2014

The meeting will be this Thursday (June 19th) at Needle at 7:00 PM. It will
be Steve Meyers talking about "ReactPHP"

Talk Summary

"Modern browsers support a new standard called Websockets, which allow
persistent connections between a browser and a server. We'll discuss how to
implement Websockets with your client-side Javascript talking to your
server-side PHP, using the ReactPHP event-driven framework."

About Steve Meyers

Steve has been using PHP for 16 years. He runs the Ski PHP Conference,
assists with the OpenWest Conference, is a core team member of the Utah
Open Source Foundation, and runs the Provo Linux User Group.

The After Party

The After Party will be at the traditional location of Applebee's in
Draper. We typically head over there at about 8:30-9:00, so watch Twitter
and we'll announce when we're heading over.

Meeting Venue: Needle

The Meetings are still at Needle, their address is:

Needle Inc.
14864 Pony Express Road
Bluffdale, UT 84065

Look forward to seeing everyone on Thursday!

Thanks,
Justin Carmony