[UPHPU] Meeting Thursday: Justin Carmony on Refactoring Your Code

Mac Newbold mac at macnewbold.com
Tue Sep 18 15:38:53 MDT 2012

Hi everyone,

We've got something great in store for everyone this month... by popular
demand, Justin Carmony will Refactor Your Code! Justin's been around the
block a few times, and knows how to find and identify code that is in need
of a redo, and will show us the right way to do the update. He will show us
how to take old code and make it new again, preparing it for years of
maintenance-free bliss. He may even do some live demos I think, so bring
some of the worst PHP code you can get your hands on, and perhaps we can
try to stump him. If you've been to one of Justin's presentations before, I
don't need to tell you that it will be one you won't want to miss.

The usual details are the same - 3rd Thursday, 7pm, at C7 Bluffdale, with
after-party at Applebee's on 12300 South in Draper.

I think we also have a presentation lined up now for October's meeting, so
I'm looking for people who would like to present in November or December.
If you haven't done it before, UPHPU is a great crowd to start with. It's
great timing to start getting some presentations ready for conference
season next year (UTOS and php|tek will both be accepting submissions next
spring and summer). Let me know if you're considering it, and we can work
out any details and get you on the schedule.

Thanks,
Mac

--
Mac Newbold