[UPHPU] Verify email techniques

Adam Barrett utahcon at utahcon.com
Tue May 17 19:40:52 MDT 2011

This is the method I have used on all my real world projects.
On May 17, 2011 6:50 PM, "Aaron Luman" <aaron.luman at gmail.com> wrote:
> I usually see it as an either or situation. Meaning, they give me the link
and then in the next line explain that if that doesn't work I should try to
log in and provide the key that follows. The would probably be the same as
is found in the url, but wouldn't have to be. That way there is an
alternative for those who can't get the link to work.

> Aaron
>
> On May 17, 2011, at 5:35 PM, wadeshearer.lists at me.com wrote:
>
>> I have a system where customers need to verify their email address. I am
using the popular method of emailing them a URL that contains a unique key
that they have to click. Many users ate unable to successfully complete
this. Any ideas on other methods for verifying someone's email? The only
other method I have seen or can think of would be emailing them a code that
they have to return to the site with and key in but I don't see that as
being any easier.