[UPHPU] PHP PDO

Alvaro Carrasco simplepic at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 14:40:06 MDT 2011

Hi Brian,

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 4:08 AM, Brian J. Rogers <brian at ditoforge.com> wrote:
>  I am looking to move from using mysql_* to using PDO, but I'm having a
>  hard time making it abstract. I want something like I have now where I
>  create an object, it opens the connection, and then I have a set of
>  functions to run queries, sanitize input, etc.

Why do you feel that PDO by itself is not abstract enough? (not saying
that it is, just want to know where it fails to be abstract for you)

$con = new PDO('...'); // create connection
$con->query('...'); // run queries
$con->quote('...'); // sanitize (use prepared statements if you can)

What sort of API are you looking for?

Alvaro
--
http://www.alvarocarrasco.com