[UPHPU] Update design patter

Chris Wood chris at tincreek.com
Wed Mar 31 09:18:04 MDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 7:51 AM, Justin Giboney <jgiboney at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a design pattern for handling updates to information?
>
> I am designing a application that needs to know when things changed
> and who changed them. Is the best way to do this to create a
> transaction table for each table in the database that records the new
> update every time something changes

On a different project in a different language, another programmer and
I were just having this discussion.  He provided a couple of links I
haven't read yet that deals with this.  I'm passing them along just in
case they are useful.

http://www.simple-talk.com/sql/database-administration/database-design-a-point-in-time-architecture/

http://opensource.anasoft.com/daofusion-site/index.html