[UPHPU] launching a site, sending out 1,300 emails

Caleb Call caleb at macjunk.net
Tue Mar 30 16:50:45 MDT 2010

Sorry for the duplicate Wade...

Small chunks are always better for mass mails, but with only 1300, it's not
too bad.  Normally you have to weigh the time you have for your script to
run vs. the total number of emails.  When you're dealing with millions of
records, you don't have the luxury of batching them too small if you want to
finish running the script in a reasonable amount of time (at times the
content may be time sensitive, etc).