[UPHPU] Apache 2.2 mod rewrite issue

Brandon Stout bms at mscis.org
Wed Feb 24 16:09:22 MST 2010

On 02/24/2010 03:51 PM, Jon Jensen wrote:
> Two observations.
>
> 1. I imagine you need to add Options SymLinksIfOwnerMatch. Also, are
> /home/brasto/www/flfn and its contents owned by brasto:brasto?
>
> 2. .htaccess rewrite rules are in a per-directory context. If you move
> them into a <VirtualHost>, you might need to adjust them (unless you
> wrap them in a <Directory>). e.g. "RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?q=$1
> [L,QSA]" becomes something like "RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php?q=$1
> [L,QSA]" (notice the slash)
>
> There may be other issues, those are the immediate ones that I'd look at.
>
> Jon

Jon, I tried putting SymLinksIfOwnerMatch in there as well as both, and
it didn't resolve it.  I took out SymLinksIfOwnerMatch because it's more
restrictive than just FollowSymLinks .  All files and directories are
owned by brasto:apache , as they were on the old server.  I use apache
for the group because HTTP Server can't write to files it needs to even
though I specify the brasto user, so for files I need it to write to, I
give write access to the group.  It works on the old server, so my
thought is that it should work here as well.

On the second point, I think I tried putting the .htaccess directives in
the <Directory> section, too.  I'll try again to make sure.

Brandon