[UPHPU] Introductions

Scott Hill llihttocs at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 16:32:54 MST 2010

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 10:32 AM, Christer Edwards
<christer.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> I thought it might be a nice idea to do some introductions on this
> list. It seems we've had some new additions recently (or maybe it's
> just my lack of familiarity with the list), so I figured it was worth
> starting a thread to match some real names with IRC names. I'm sure I
> know more of you than I realize, just not by name or nick. I'll start
> things off:
>
> Christer Edwards
> aka "Zelut"
>
> You might know me from...
>
> Presenting at UTOSC every year. This last year I ran the GNOME
> Foundation booth, and presented twice (Sysadmin Tools, and GNOME
> Scripted Config). Previous years I presented on Ubuntu topics.
>
> I founded and currently lead the Ubuntu Utah team.
>
> I'm also the author of the Ubuntu Tutorials
> [http://ubuntu-tutorials.com] blog that you've likely seen on the Utah
> Planet [http://planet.utos.org]
>
> Who are you?
>
> --
> Christer Edwards
> .: http://ubuntu-tutorials.com :.

I love this list!  It was invaluable when I was first learning PHP
back in 05.  Although now I use it so little that I just tend to annoy
and anger everyone.

My first love is not PHP.  I have been a C/C++ programmer for more
than 25 years.  Windows (back when you started it by running the
executable on the DOS command line), *nix (mostly AIX, HP-UX, SCO
varieties, and, of course Linux), embedded, and some other
environments that I either can't remember or don't want to.  I have
worked with, designed in and/or used most of the major databases.  I
even wrote my own (back in the day) on two occasions. Also, I am sure
there is a whole pile of things that I have done that I can't remember
now (I have an excellent memory, it's just not that long).

I seem to remember a couple of 100+ threads on this list.  I haven't
seen that for quite some time.  I guess that means that we don't have
any more PHP questions or issues or we're too busy.

--
Scott Hill