[UPHPU] hosting short video clips

MilesTogoe miles.togoe at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 20:27:43 MST 2010

Jonathan Grotegut wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 6:23 PM, Wade Preston Shearer <
> wadeshearer.lists at me.com> wrote:
>

>> On 16 Feb 2010, at 16:35, Orson Jones wrote:
>>

>>> Be aware that youtube does have ads that obscure part of the video.
>>> That is the cost of the free hosting. Not to say youtube isn't great,
>>>
>> just
>>
>>> make sure it works for what you want.
>>>
>> I actually had forgotten about YouTube's recent change to displaying ads
>> over the top of the video. That is extremely annoying and has even turned me
>> off from using the service as a consumer. Are there any other free (but with
>> ads) video services that don't display the ads over the video?
>>

> http://www.viddler.com/ is another site like youtube that is pretty decent
> for hosting videos.

I had heard good things about viddler as well - I'll check it out.
Since videos are both product demos and mini video blogs they are for
public consumption and the traffic idea on youtube would be good but the
ad blockage would be a showstopper especially since our videos are aimed
at CIO's, CEO's.   Thanks for all the info.