[UPHPU] hosting short video clips

Wade Preston Shearer wadeshearer.lists at me.com
Tue Feb 16 16:01:24 MST 2010

I've set up video several times on sites (always used FLVPlayer as Victor recommends) and I'd recommend letting someone else do it unless you really need control over security and what the player looks like. For my current project I have set up a YouTube channel and am going to simply embed the YouTube player into the client's site—that's free hosting, free bandwidth, free player, and controls that the user is already familiar with. Plus, their content will have even greater potential for being discovered. All of those reasons would make that option a no-brainer and excellent solution for a few short video clips.