[UPHPU] Amazon EC2 / High availability hosting

Alvaro Carrasco simplepic at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 21:19:24 MST 2010

Amazon lets you do exactly that. It doesn't cost anything to sign up
and you'll only pay a few dollars (hourly usage, bandwidth, etc) to
try it for a couple of days. You can then delete the instance and pay
no more, keep paying the few dollars a day, or reserve an instance to
get a discount price. It is more work to set up a more complete system
since you'll probably have to use EBS (elastic block storage, another
service) for persistent storage, S3 for backups, etc.
But it's VERY easy and cheap to try.

Alvaro
(sorry for the duplicate, i meant to reply-to-all)