[UPHPU] Amazon EC2 / High availability hosting

Merrill Oveson moveson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 19:35:26 MST 2010

I need a solution where I can remote in to say a super high powered
(tons of processing power, ram, etc) windows 7, windows 2008 machine
run some processes and pay for the time or however they charge.  Kind
of goes back to the old days of renting cpu cycles.

Does Amazon EC2 do this?

Is there anyone local who does this - xmission?  (Kind of nice to be
able to talk to a human being and get the details, Amazon seems to
just have a link on their website "sign up here.")