[UPHPU] samba3 PDC with LDAP backend on Debian

Brandon Stout bms at mscis.org
Mon Feb 1 13:26:15 MST 2010

On 02/01/2010 12:43 PM, thebigdog wrote:

> Brandon,
> You dont have to use phpldapadmin. There are other tools out there to manage
> ldap. Linux should have some gui apps that you can use instead. I mainly use the
> ldap cli tools...but have used GQ that is a gtk gui tool. There is a java gui
> tool that is pretty good, but I cant remember the name off the top of my head.

This server does not have a gui installed.  I installed smbldap-tools
but can't figure out how to use it since it didn't install a man page
(No manual entry for smbldap-tools).  I've thought of setting up ldap
and smb pdc on a server with a gui tool and then looking at the ldap
config files and copying information over, but that has no guarantees
either.  Any other suggestions from anyone on setting up ldap/smb pdc on
a debian server?