[UPHPU] samba3 PDC with LDAP backend on Debian

thebigdog bigdog at venticon.com
Mon Feb 1 12:43:27 MST 2010

On 2/1/10 11:03 AM, Brandon Stout wrote:
> One other problem with the article as I see it.  It uses the normal
> plain text config files for everything except ldap, and there it uses
> the third party phpldapadmin.  I think it would be better if it were
> consistent and just stayed with using the ldap config files as well.
> I'm pretty much done with everything in the article now, except all the
> stuff the article says to do with phpldapadmin, steps which are not very
> clear.

Brandon,

You dont have to use phpldapadmin. There are other tools out there to manage
ldap. Linux should have some gui apps that you can use instead. I mainly use the
ldap cli tools...but have used GQ that is a gtk gui tool. There is a java gui
tool that is pretty good, but I cant remember the name off the top of my head.

--
thebigdog