[UPHPU] display PDFs in browser without plugin

thin thinbegin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 22:30:33 MDT 2010

> I hate to reply to myself, but I just stumbled across this:
>
> http://view.samurajdata.se/

Not as pretty, nor as elegant, as a proprietary [Adobe] plug-in but
very promising. A really really long time ago I did pretty much that
exact same thing using the GDlib. The server read [and converted] the
file so that the client didn't need to. That was back in the day where
PDF was a lot less understood and used though.

I'm really curious why your client would have a problem with the Adobe
plugin today. Can you share their motivation? I do so admire their
request though. No real need for the "closed" PDF format anyway [IMO]

Thanks,
-Jim