[UPHPU] display PDFs in browser without plugin

Joseph Scott joseph at josephscott.org
Mon Aug 9 21:43:24 MDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 9:28 PM, Wade Preston Shearer
<wadeshearer.lists at me.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for the review of Google Viewer, Caleb and the other two options, David. I sure wish there was a stand-alone option as I believe the client would prefer that (not at the mercy of a third-party).
>
> I hate to reply to myself, but I just stumbled across this:
> http://view.samurajdata.se/
> I'll need to run some tests, but it looks promising.

I was just going to suggest something similar.  Once upon a time I
wrote some code that uses imagemagick to convert each page of a PDF to
an image.  Thumbnails of the pages where shown on the site and they
could view a the full image by clicking on it.  Nothing too fancy,
mostly glueing things together and figuring out the right libraries
and options to use with imagemagick.

--
Joseph Scott
joseph at josephscott.org