[UPHPU] display PDFs in browser without plugin

Joseph Scott joseph at josephscott.org
Mon Aug 9 21:43:24 MDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 9:28 PM, Wade Preston Shearer
<wadeshearer.lists at me.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for the review of Google Viewer, Caleb and the other two options, David. I sure wish there was a stand-alone option as I believe the client would prefer that (not at the mercy of a third-party).
> I hate to reply to myself, but I just stumbled across this:
> http://view.samurajdata.se/
> I'll need to run some tests, but it looks promising.

I was just going to suggest something similar.  Once upon a time I
wrote some code that uses imagemagick to convert each page of a PDF to
an image.  Thumbnails of the pages where shown on the site and they
could view a the full image by clicking on it.  Nothing too fancy,
mostly glueing things together and figuring out the right libraries
and options to use with imagemagick.

Joseph Scott
joseph at josephscott.org