[UPHPU] correct way to handle $_SESSION

Daniel C. dcrookston at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 09:17:12 MDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 9:13 AM, Merrill Oveson <moveson at gmail.com> wrote:
> My $_SESSION array picks up other session variables from an entirely
> different php program.  No a big deal except, I don't want to
> accidently overwrite something from one php program to the next.

"PHP program" implies that you're not making web pages - what
environment are you working with?

> Is there a way to define something like $_SESSION that would be
> unique, (i.e. a unique name) and that I could simply call within any
> given script.

AFAIK sessions are unique by default.  They should each have their own
session ID, which keeps them separate from one another.  But if you're
in an unusual environment that could be causing your problem.

-Dan