[UPHPU] UPHPU April Meeting 7pm April 15 - Anatomy of a PHP Request - Joseph Scott && PHP Fundamentals with Justin Carmony

Victor Villa vvilla at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 19:04:14 MDT 2010

Greets All!

I'm very pleased to announce our speaker for April as Joseph Scott.  He'll
be presenting on the Anatomy of a PHP request.

Ever wondered what really happens when your PHP script runs?  I'll cover the
major milestones in the life and times of a PHP request (read, parse,
compile, execute, output ) and where to look for road bumps along the way.
 There are lots of tools available to make your PHP pure like a kitten, so
I'll dive into op code caches (with APC),
op code dumps (with VLD - Vulcan Logic Dumper), and  profiling (with Xdebug
and webgrind).  It will be a great time digging a little deeper in to PHP!

About Joseph:
Joseph is a California native, living in Utah with his wife and children. He
got hooked on email when it meant dialing into a BBS with a 2400 baud modem
and ended up memorizing way too much of the AT command set. Access to the
Internet changed all that and going to work for an ISP cemented that shift.
It also exposed to him to the world of open source, starting with FreeBSD in
1996. From there he spent a number of years in IT doing a little bit of
everything. Joseph joined Automattic in 2007, where he focuses on WordPress
APIs (XML-RPC/AtomPub), realtime-ish updates (rssCloud/PuSH),
WordPress.org themes and stats, and likes to dabble in front and back end
performance hacks.

http://josephscott.org/

Continuing our series for beginners, we have Justin Carmony presenting on
PHP Fundamentals.

Meeting Info:
UPHPU
April 15, 2010 @7pm