[UPHPU] Website Charts & PHP Obscurity

Daniel C. dcrookston at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 15:13:19 MST 2009

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 2:08 PM, Justin Giboney <jgiboney at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am planning on selling an browser-based piece of software that needs some
> charts (line & bar). What would you recommend on using for some charts
> software that is great to use, but licensable without making my code open
> source.

Pretty much any code you get for free is going to carry a license that
requires you to make derivatives f/oss.

> Also what is the best way to hide the code so that it can't be modified or
> copied.

There are a couple of code obfuscators and "compilers" out there for
PHP - primarily Zend Encoder.  You can use http://www.codeeclipse.com/
for free but it's only gibberish-itized, not encoded/encrypted.

Good luck with your product, hopefully it will take off and make you
extremely wealthy.

-Dan