[UPHPU] CMS Opinions?
velda at novapages.com
Wed Nov 25 16:46:19 MST 2009
Pardon my snipping.. and sorry for the duplicate, Chris
Chris Wood wrote:
> so that marketing can update the site without my assistance. [...] I've determined Joomla and Droople are overkill...
Training your marketing team on the back end of those programs can be a
> I'm curious what opinions people may have about free, easy-to-use CMS
> options such as CMSms and MODx.
Use WordPress or WPMU with a CMS template. Here's why:
- Your marketing team will find it easier to use than most of the free
systems out there
- It won't come pre-loaded with tons of functionality you won't need,
but you can easily add more functionality via new modules (whether you
get them online or write them yourself)
- It's well supported and has plenty of good modules and templates
already written for it.
- Between said modules, templates, and the WP core, it does everything a
CMS should do
Best of all..
- As long as you mod it properly, it is a piece of cake to keep updated
More information about the UPHPU