[UPHPU] performance hit recalling functions?

Wade Preston Shearer wadeshearer.lists at me.com
Sat Dec 19 09:37:39 MST 2009

On 19 Dec 2009, at 8:57, Daniel C. wrote:

> Why are you asking?  Do you have code that's taking too long to run,
> and if you do have you tested it and found that count() is what's
> making it take too long?  Because if neither of these are the case,
> then what you're doing is premature optimization, which we all know is
> the root of all evil.

I haven't seen any issues with any performance and haven't done any
testing. It's a teeny-tiny script, so performance isn't even a
concern. I'm simply wondering about best practices and if PHP caches
things such as count(). Someone I was talking too said that they
thought that PHP might have some calculations (such as count())
already calculated and cached, even before I called it and therefore I
could call it as often as I wished without requiring extra processing.