[UPHPU] help with a snippet of code

Joe C joecr at v2joecr.com
Sat Dec 12 18:08:29 MST 2009

Kirk Cerny wrote:
> JSLint is the BEST JavaScript debugger I have ever used.
> It fixes even points out issues with code you thought was working.
> http://www.jslint.com
>
> There is always the venkman JavaScript debugger
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/venkman/
>
> Kirk Cerny

Thanks for the mention of jslint.com my only problem now is my script
fails under Firefox. My last major involvement with it was before
Firefox was released & it worked perfectly on both Internet Explorer 4
through 6 As well as Netscape Navigator.

For some reason under Firefox the month is returned as either undefined
or NaN.

You can see it in action at the following URL
http://www.v2joecr.com/javascripts/testdate-english.htm . I also finally
installed Internet Explorer 7 on my Windows XP computer & it still works
there.

The version on the web doesn't have the issues that jslint found dealt
with. It was one of my first projects running on JavaScript to. I had
removed the ";" at the end of the lines as a way to try to reduce the
byte size.