[UPHPU] Forking PHP execution in a webserver

Jordan Schatz white.armor at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 09:53:51 MST 2009

I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me about what is the best
practice on forking a script's execution when it is running under Apache? I
have looked online and it seems that I should not use pcntl_fork if I am
running under Apache. which makes sense since Apache will be trying to
manage forking PHP to handle multiple requests...

Mostly I want to fork to handle loging, in particular I want to send a
text message every time a particular page is loaded. I don't want the
page load to have to wait for the function to log in to the phone
gataway, send the text, and get confirmation, before it finishes sending
the page.

Thanks!
Jordan