[UPHPU] Geek-friendly Office Space Available in Downtown SLC

Mac Newbold mac at macnewbold.com
Thu Apr 23 16:42:53 MDT 2009

[Sorry if I offend someone by posting this somewhat-off-topic message, but
I think it is very relevant to our group, and some have asked about this
very thing in the past.]

Some of you may be familiar with Code Greene's office at 44 Exchange Place
(~350 South, between State and Main St), downtown and across the back alley
from XMission. I'm pleased to announce that 3 offices on the main floor are
being opened up for a month-to-month lease by interested qualified tenants.

The Specs:
- Immediate availability, move in (officially) as soon as May 1 (next week)
- 2 large offices (about 450 sq. ft each) at $600/month (each)
   (each well suited for up to 6-8 people comfortably)
- 1 medium office (about 250 sq. ft) at $400/month
   (well suited for up to 3-4 people comfortably)
- Right near the heart of down town, close to 400/500/600 South freeway
   access
- In the Free Fare zone, a block from three different Trax stations
- Great parking close by, validations available for purchase (1hr or all day)
- Tons of great restaurants and lunch spots within easy walking distance
- Great geek-friendly office space, nice quiet environment, lots of
   high-tech people in the area
- Short walk from XMission's Data Center, i.e. if you colocate there

What Else Is Included:
- Share 10Mbps up/down internet through XMission. Static IP negotiable.
- Placement of one or two servers in our server room is negotiable.
- Shared access to restrooms, kitchen area, and Code Greene's
   fridge/freezer (unfortunately, not the food in it or in the pantry)
- Use of the conference room by reservation or whenever available
- Enjoy any of the games (pool, foosball, ping-pong, air hockey, and a
   MAME arcade when we finish setting it up)
- Join us for XBox time (Halo usually) or bring your own and link up

Other costs:
- Parking passes at the lot across the street are $70/month, or bus/train
   pass for SLC busses and Trax is about $70/month or a bus/train
   pass for FrontRunner (SLC-Ogden) are about $160/month, including WiFi
- $30/month for your share of the utilities (water, gas/heating, cooling,
   electricity, and garbage service)
- Security deposit of one month's rent ($400-600) will be required, and is
   refundable if the office is left as clean as it started.

Qualifications:
- Preference will be given to friendly, trustworthy tenants who are
   involved in a related industry (internet, development, etc.), especially
   if you prefer Linux or Mac OSX, or Open Source in general
- Subject to approval by building owners
- Month to Month lease required, either party may discontinue lease with
   30 days advance notice.

I've already been asked if there is a possibility for an individual to
rend out part of an office (i.e. space for one desk). That might be a
possibility, especially if there are at least 3 people who want to go in
together on such an arrangement, probably at about $150/month each. It
would need clearance from the landlord, but my guess is they'd be open to
the possibility.

If you have any questions or would like to apply, please contact Mark Polson or
Mac Newbold at Code Greene:
info at codegreene.com
801-582-0148
macnewbold on irc.freenode.net

Thanks,
Mac

--
Mac Newbold			Code Greene, LLC
CTO/Chief Technical Officer	44 Exchange Place