[UPHPU] Feedback on my new open source project: Outlet

Nathan Lane nathamberlane at gmail.com
Mon May 5 09:58:48 MDT 2008

Thanks for the explanation. I've been looking into Active Record for PHP,
thinking that maybe it would be a worthwhile investment. The only thing is
that after having briefy used Active Record in Ruby, I feel kind of
constricted by naming conventions - plurality for tables, singularity for
rows, and I gues I just don't understand it very well, but I don't like that
either. So is ORM more flexible? You say it
"maps" to database entities, does that mean that my tables can have any naming
convention I decide
on? Also, I guess what I'm really looking for is more of a .Net Linq
solution for PHP, but still not exactly that. I just want a decent
data
abstraction layer.

Nathan

--