[UPHPU] Running out of ideas to speed up a site

William Attwood wattwood at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 10:50:52 MST 2008

Hey Jason--

   You might also look into the MySQL configuration file to check your
memory settings for queries and query caching..  I had three quad-core xeon
machines running and a single query brought down the MySQL database running
4GB of ram -- I went in and re-created the entire configuration file with
all needed options and it's running like a beast.

   I also recommend upgrading PHP and not using CGI.  You might be running
into an instance where there are too many connections.  One other thought is
your internet connection to that server-- it might be worthwhile to install
a 2nd or 3rd NIC card for communications.

Later,
-Will