[UPHPU] Introducing the Utah Apple Users Group

Wade Preston Shearer lists at wadeshearer.com
Wed Jul 16 11:16:11 MDT 2008

UPHPU,

I am pleased to announce the formation of a new local users group: The
Utah Apple Users Group:

http://utahapple.org

We are a group of technophiles that use—and even cherish—products
designed Apple in California. We mainly exist simply as a mailing list
where we converse and assist each other.

The state currently has two other related user groups—the BYU
Macintosh Users Group [1] and the Utah Macintosh Users Group [2]—but
both are affiliated with universities and thus governed by external
policies and politics.They are also Macintosh groups, whereas this
group covers all things Apple; and, as you are probably aware, Apple
has recently expanded it’s product line in significant areas other
than their Macintosh computer. UMUG also doesn’t have a mailing list
and their forum has been offline for a long time. So, wether you’re a
photographer using Aperture, a home theater nut hooking up your Apple
TV, an entrepreneur using an iPhone, or a novice with a new iPod, jump
on our mailing list and lets chat. We want everyone to feel welcome
wether you are a student, a professional, or anyone else.

We do not plan on coordinating any events; we’re going to keep this
simple. A website will be coming soon with syndicated news and events
and we have an IRC channel for chatting in real time. Join the mailing
list by sending an email to subscribe at utahapple.org. We will also have
a LinkedIn group available as soon as their moderators approve it's
creation.

wade

[1] http://mac.byu.edu

[2] http://umug.com