[UPHPU] eCommerce - what do you use?

Scott Hill llihttocs at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 11:59:59 MST 2008

On Jan 28, 2008 10:35 AM, <cole at colejoplin.com> wrote:

> While I don't believe this is a solution for most developers in this
> group, I'll mention this only because you've stated this is a media
> company. It strikes me that you may want to consider doing an RIA,
> like Flex (SDK is open source), and using PHP as a service. In fact,
> I'll be doing one myself this spring.

I've read about RIAs using AJAX.  I have also used PHP to implement a web
service.  Could you enlighten a little more on how your RIA will work with
PHP as a service?  Is it a web service?  Would you use SOAP or JSON? Sorry
to pester but I'm curious.

--
Scott Hill

Food for thought:
An eagle may soar but a weasel will never get sucked into a jet engine.
A closed mouth gathers no foot.
Never squat with your spurs on.