[UPHPU] Database Conventions

Scott Hill llihttocs at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 17:00:13 MST 2008

On Jan 9, 2008 4:56 PM, Brandon Stout <bms at mscis.org> wrote:

> Ray Hunter wrote:
> > - allow lowercase letters with underscores as spaces
>
> I personally like names that don't use the underscore. Instead,
> capitalize the first letter of the second word.  The underscore
> character is way overused in programming and database design.
> Left-pinkey-hit-shift, Right-lazy-finger up 2 rows was never meant to be
> used so much.
>
> Brandon Stout
> Stout Hosting LLC

I don't use underscores when coding.  Only when naming fields.  I hate use
camel case because it reminds me too much of Java which I hate!  I use a 3
or 4 character prefix to identify the table.  (i.e. usr_id, usr_lastname,
etc.)  I try not to use the underscore for anything but the table prefix in
the field name.  That way I don't have to type it too much and I still get
unique field names.  To each his own I guess.

--
Scott Hill

Food for thought:
An eagle may soar but a weasel will never get sucked into a jet engine.
A closed mouth gathers no foot.
Never squat with your spurs on.