[UPHPU] Class and Object Storage

Lonnie Olson lists at kittypee.com
Mon Feb 18 11:04:28 MST 2008

Scott Hill wrote:
> On Feb 17, 2008 9:00 PM, Justin Giboney <giboney at giboneydesigns.com> wrote:
>
>> I ran a test and found out that JSP/Tomcat works the way that I want,
>> but since I like PHP, I want to be able to do this in PHP. How can this
>> be accomplish?
>>
> If you're %$^^bent on using PHP, then you might consider using shared
> memory.

Or even better, find a simpler alternative for generating GUIDs.  The
approaches Walt mentioned work extremely well.

If you need a unique ID, there are built-in, easy ways to do this.

Using the built-in PHP function uniqid()
http://us2.php.net/uniqid

Using built-in sessions to generate a session_id()
http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.session-id.php

Using Apache's module mod_unique_id.
Once enabled the ID is accessible as $_SERVER['UNIQUE_ID']

--lonnie