[UPHPU] 40 signs of a lousy PHP programmer

Roberto Mello roberto.mello at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 14:13:32 MST 2008

On Feb 11, 2008 2:03 PM, Rusty Keele <rusty.keele at yahoo.com> wrote:

>   Take a look at the article and see if you agree with what the author is saying.  I found #39 very interesting - especially after following the link and reading an excellent rant about template engines.

I think his list is a good chunk "duh" and a good chunk BS.

His own description of himself should have alerted you:

"...php/mysql developer & ruby on rails enthusiast. I follow the
latest web trends..."

He's a MySQL developer? "ruby on rails enthusiast" usually means "I do
whatever is popular", which is reinforced by "I follow the latest web
trends". Lastly, my personal opinion is that people who use MySQL are
lacking some fundamental knowlege. They tend not to be very smart
either.

-Roberto