[UPHPU] hostname missing in CLI script

Wade Preston Shearer lists at wadeshearer.com
Thu Aug 21 22:00:55 MDT 2008

I have a CLI PHP script that is run by cron that is missing nearly
every _SERVER and _ENV variable. I understand that this is generally
the case, but there is one variable that I really, really need. I need
to know the host name of the server that the script is running on.
Every possible value that I could use to deduce that from…

$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']
$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME']
$_SERVER['HOSTNAME']
$_ENV['HOSTNAME']

…are empty. Any ideas? Any way that I can get one (or more) of those
values to be populated? Any other way to determine what server I'm on?