[UPHPU] Mind boggling MySQL error

Kevin email.bdr at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 22:11:48 MDT 2007

So I keep getting this mysql error:
ERROR 5 (HY000) at line 41: Out of memory (Needed 1404208 bytes)
It occurs when I do a INSERT INTO table SELECT from other table ON DUPLICATE
KEY UPDATE statement.

The two table in the above commands have about 350,000 rows each. I've tried
dumping the database and reloading it. The only real thing I've been able to
figure out it that an error 5 in mysql is an operating system I/O error.
There's plenty of disk space and memory. I've been pulling my hair out
trying to solve why its doing this.  I'm running out of ideas on what to do.
Anybody have an idea on what might be the fix?