[UPHPU] Genetically coded website

Jonathan Duncan jonathan at bluesunhosting.com
Mon Oct 22 13:58:29 MDT 2007

On 22 Oct 2007, at 13:36, Justin Giboney wrote:

> So would using HSL then converting to RGB (for web browsers), and
> using crossovers instead of inheritance, be better?
>
> The only thing i can't get over, if the real way to do it is to
> randomly generate items in a pool, run through each item, compare
> them, and generate a new pool, then how do I make a site
> professional (good looking) enough, yet stay ever growing with
> customers.

On a tangent, how is this experiment related to what I assume is a
larger project of creating a "genetically coded web site"?  I assume
that every aspect of the web site may start off like this?  Is this
the first part of the site that you are experimenting with or do you
already have parts of the web site genome assembled?

What you are wanting to do, seems incredibly huge and unprofitable
from a monetary perspective.  I can see how it could be beneficial
perhaps for purely scientific/academic purposes.  Unless your goals
are much further reaching than the near future.

Trying to decide the color of a button/link without context might not
give you the results you are looking for.  Unless, again, at this
stage all results are purely academic.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Side note:  No matter what the outcome, the description, "genetically
coded web site", has some pretty good PR value to it.