[UPHPU] Ubuntu

Joshua Simpson std3rr at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 10:24:42 MDT 2007

On 10/16/07, Craig Jackson <CJackson at cirris.com> wrote:

> This is a little off-topic, but I was wondering what you guys think of
> ubuntu (www.ubuntu.com). I have just gained knowledge of the OS, and I
> want to hear what people's overall opinion are on the software. Im
> especially looking into Security, Extensibility, and Community behind the
> project. Thanks for any help.

It's my favorite desktop OS, mainly due to it just being Debian with
updated  packages and  a millionaire behind it.   Security?  Various
security kernel patches are trivial to patch in to Ubuntu, and the general
packages themselves, at least in the core repositories, are patched
regularly.   Extensibility?  It's Linux.  Community?  They're a bit too
sugary for my taste, but they're extremely helpful (see: ubuntuforums.org).

What uses do you have planned for it?  Any specific questions?

--
-
http://stderr.ws/