[UPHPU] svn mv multiple files

Richard K Miller richardkmiller at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 12:05:00 MST 2007

On Nov 27, 2007, at 11:47 AM, Wade Preston Shearer wrote:

> Is is possible to mv more than one file at a time with svn mv? All I
> have been able to do is move one at a time or entire directories. I
> have thousands of files to move and can't imagine doing them one at
> a time. I am getting an error when trying to use a wild card (svn mv
> *.gif) though.

Do an appropriate find statement to list all the files you want:

$ find . -iname '*.gif'

Then tack on an xargs statement to run svn mv on all of them:

$ find. -iname '*.gif' | xargs -I% svn mv % /new/path

You can test by putting an echo statement in there:

$ find. -iname '*.gif' | xargs -I% echo svn mv % /new/path