[UPHPU] XMP and PERL issue

Mike Mackrory mike at echovue.com
Wed May 30 13:39:09 MDT 2007

If I could ask a stupid follow-up to this...

I have been messing with XML quite a bit lately, and am running into
problems passing special characters inside an XML file.  The biggest problem
is that the data is largely user controlled (Meaning I have no control!)

I wrote a function that basically sanitizes all the contents of an XML tag
and replaces any special characters, but I am sure there is a better way of
passing this type of information around.  Specifically I have had problems
with & < and "

Can any of you share a good way of fixing this, or perhaps point me in the
right direction?

Thanks

Mike