[UPHPU] Video solutions

Brandon Stout bms at mscis.org
Tue Mar 27 09:37:10 MDT 2007

Wade Preston Shearer wrote:

> I would recommend Flash video. It behaves (starts playing immediately)
> like streaming so the user is happy and doesn't know the difference.

I would need ffmpeg or something similar for Flash video, or .flv
files.  Any recommendations on Adobe Flash, ffmpeg, Sorenson Squeeze, or
On2 Flix?  Are there other alternatives?  I've noticed Gallery, Drupal's
video plugin, and other site template engines use ffmpeg.

Also, can I just rename a swf file to flv?  I doubt it would work, but
has anyone tried it?

> http://darinsoutham.com/player/?listing=123456
Great example! what did you use to create or export this video file?

Brandon Stout
http://mscis.org