[UPHPU] Rails vs PHP

jtaber jtaber at johntaber.net
Fri Mar 23 18:07:22 MDT 2007

Well yeah, I understand the difference between a language and framework
but in reality people develop web sites/applications using PHP
(generally without frameworks) and/or RubyonRails (among others) so as
far as the overall development process goes, it is a fair comparison to
look at choosing one approach or the other.

What advantages does Ruby language have over PHP ?  Many Ruby/Rails
users would say Ruby is "cleaner".  It also has a different iterator
syntax.  And it has more of a object-oriented architecture.  And no $
:)  Personally I prefer the more C / java like syntax of PHP.