[UPHPU] More CSS frustration

jtaber jtaber at johntaber.net
Wed Jan 17 12:13:41 MST 2007

Wade Preston Shearer wrote:
> Anyone CSS-hopped-up-fan-boy that says that tables are going the way
> of the dinosaur has missed the true meaning of style sheets. The goal
> is to separae display logic from markup and to have semantically
> gorgeous, make-you-weak-in-the-knees-clean code. The CSS table push is
> not that they are bad; it's that they should be used for tabular data
> and not layout.

Since I'm the guilty party that started this again, I'd just like to say
thks for all the info - I will make it a point to read the Zen book.  As
an OO, MVC person I support the idea of CSS.  But for now, I find tables
more reliable and thus, faster to get things up and going - then go back
with CSS and incrementally beautify the pages, one at a time.  And in
that way, gain the knowledge for rock solid CSS without too risk and
much frustration.   Call it an agile CSS approach.