[UPHPU] PHP/LAMP Opportunities @ Yahoo-Santa Monica
carlal at yahoo-inc.com
Sun Feb 11 15:42:48 MST 2007
The Internet is a big, busy place, and we at Yahoo! are proud to stand out
in the crowd. As the world's number one Internet brand, servicing over a
half billion people, we're determined to maintain our commitment to
delivering news, entertainment, information and fun... each and every day.
In order to maintain our position as one of the world's most trafficked
Internet destinations, we're always on the lookout for people with big ideas
and big talent to help us provide our visitors with the innovative products
and services they've come to expect from Yahoo!. We're looking for people
How Big Can You Think?
Are you an experienced software developer who enjoys working on cutting edge
media projects? Do you have the passion to work on products that are enjoyed
by millions of internet users every day? If you answered "Yes", this might
be the right opportunity for you. At Yahoo!, we are working on exciting next
generation web-based media experiences and we are looking for top-notch,
self-motivated senior level engineer with passion for designing user-centric
solutions. You will be part of a high-energy, fast paced team (we live Agile
processes!). .The project will generate building blocks of our rapidly
evolving, cutting edge entertainment sites .You will utilize and contribute
cutting edge entertainment ideas that include video, online communities, and
personalization in your solutions.
* A BS in Computer Science or equivalent. MS Preferred.
* Minimum of 7 years of software development experience, with past 2 or more
years in web related application development, preferably consumer oriented
* Expertise in Web Service architectures using SOAP/REST/equivalent using
XML based payload
* Deep experience with LAMP stack. Expert at PHP (preferred)/Perl/Python
development, Linux/Unix, Apache, and RDBMS such as MySQL or Oracle.
Understanding of object oriented programming (C++/Java) is highly desirable.
* Web 2.0 savvy. A quick and eager learner who stays on top of fast moving
* Ability to collaborate in a fast paced, demanding environment.
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication
* Experience with Agile/XP methodologies is highly desirable.
Yahoo! Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. For more information or to
search all of our openings, please visit http://careers.yahoo.com
If you would like to take advantage of an outstanding opportunity to work
for Yahoo at our Santa Monica Facility, please forward a copy of your resume
to Carla at carlal at yahoo-inc.com and let me know the best number and time
to reach you.
701 First Avenue Sunnyvale, CA 94089 713-869-2284 carlal at yahoo-inc.com
More information about the UPHPU