[UPHPU] Notes on UPHPU meet from yesterday -- RE: Provisions for long distance uphpu members

Sheri Bigelow design5279 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 08:51:42 MDT 2007

On 8/25/07, cole at colejoplin.com <cole at colejoplin.com> wrote:

> Well done, Sheri! I can see we'll need a follow-up to this one.
>
> -- Cole
>
> Quoting Victor Villa <vvilla at gmail.com>:
>
> > Sheri et al.,
> >
> > I would like to take a moment and congratulate Sheri on her lecture on
> SEO
> > and PHP.  She did an excellent job!
> >
> > All told by mid-lecture, we had 15 attending the lecture with an
> additional
> > 4 on streaming audio.  We have captured the audio and will be posting it
> as
> > soon as possible.  Thanks to all the offers to host the mp3!
> >
> > That said, it looks like the streaming audio server did well.  This will
> > very easily allow us to stream to all our members everywhere, including
> > Clint Savage who happened to be in Cali listening in to Sheri's lecture
> at
> > the time!  I look forward to maxing out the streaming server and filling
> the
> > IRC channel during our next meeting.
> >
> > And special thanks to Tek Systems for sponsoring the meeting!  The pizza
> was
> > delish!
> >
> > mj/v

I'm all for a follow-up talk! Since you can only cover so much in one
talk... I am also planning to follow-up with a couple blog posts and a
stellar list of SEO tools--there are so many out there, some are awful but
some are really great. Here is the first installment of a follow-up complete
with 301 redirects info. for Jeremy.  :)

http://designsimply.com/2007/08/24/301-redirects-link-structure-xml-sitemaps-preferred-domain/