[UPHPU] dropping Mailman for Google Groups

jtaber jtaber at johntaber.net
Mon Aug 20 09:37:54 MDT 2007

Wade Preston Shearer wrote:
>> Google for domains does host email (aliased) lists.  And yes, they'd
>> be bad for our list.
>
> I wasn't suggesting using a Google Apps mailing list for the UPHPU
> mailing list. Those lists are just "group forwarding." My proposal was
> to use Google Groups.

GoogleGroups requires cookies to post and it's my opinion anything that
writes to your hard disk like cookies are evil - quite the opposite of
open source.

Also, unless there's a way to get msgs sent directly to your email, it
also means logging onto the web, to the site, entering user/password,
blah, blah, - not very convenient from a smart phone.   Also I like the
ability to save key messages in my email for further reference as
opposed to going to the group list and searching.