[UPHPU] brasto seeks new LAMP OSS opportunities

Brandon Stout bms at mscis.org
Sat Aug 11 02:52:12 MDT 2007

Wade Preston Shearer wrote:
> Another pet peeve is that people refer to Adobe's free PDF viewer as
> "Acrobat." Acrobat is the for-cost PDF creations/editing application.
> "Adobe Reader" is the free reader/viewer.

True.  Now I'll add my Adobe-related pet peeve.  I call it Acrobat
Reader still, since that was the original name.  Adobe has renamed it
"Adobe Reader", but that's just not accurate.  Acrobat Reader does not
read _all_ Adobe product files.  It only reads PDF files - no more, no
less.  It should therefore not be called Adobe Reader, it should be
Acrobat Reader.  Couple this with the fact that it does not read Acrobat
files, but PDF files, and I can see a parallel... it's like calling
FrontPage the Internet...

/me steps down from his soapbox and sits down.

Brandon Stout
http://mscis.org