[UPHPU] Resumes & Attracting New Blood

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 10:36:34 MDT 2007

On 8/10/07, Grant Shipley <gshipley at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/10/07, Lonnie Olson <lists at kittypee.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2007-08-09 at 22:50 -0600, Wade Preston Shearer wrote:
> > > Excellent ideas, Daniel. I would be willing to design them and
> > > coordinate printing. Anyone willing to do some leg work and see if
> > > local bookstores (including at universities) would be wiling to let
> > > us insert them into books?
> >
> > I would be willing to sneak cards into the books at the bookstores in my
> > area.  I can be really sneaky.  :)

I only hesitate to bring this up because its basically all I've been
talking about for the past year.

But...

I think a great opportunity to grow UPHPU is to invite people to come
to the group while at the Utah Open Source Conference.
http://www.utosc.org/  - Discount prices of $40 are available and you
can get the discount codes from Victor.

I bring this up because networking with other groups / business people
/ and individuals interested in technology is easy pickings and they
*want* to be part of a group.  They're there to learn about new
technologies and interesting community events, etc.  UPHPU can
capitalize on it.

In addition, we at Utah Open Source (UTOS) intend to further help
groups grow in the coming year.  How can we do that, well there are
lots of opportunities for us to network with those who might be
interested, cross polinate with other groups and other things too.

Let me know what you think, but I think there are many *legitimate*
ways of going about bringing in more people who are excited to learn
and grow.

Cheers,

Clint
Founder, Utah Open Source