[UPHPU] brasto seeks new LAMP OSS opportunities

Daniel C. dcrookston at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 22:36:59 MDT 2007

On 8/7/07, Scott Hill <llihttocs at gmail.com> wrote:

> Headhunters don't care if you're mad.  All they care about is presenting
> well to the the companies that are paying them thousands of dollars to hire
> someone.  Which means they don't really care about you.  I would be
> surprised if a headhunter didn't change your resume.  (If you can't tell, I
> don't like headhunters)

If you revised your statement to say "Cheap, unscrupulous headhunters"
I would agree.  Check out asktheheadhunter.com for a lot of articles
(some of them a bit repetitive...) about how headhunting should work,
and how it unfortunately doesn't usually measure up most of the time.

I can sum up his position by saying that a lot of headhunters are out
to make a quick buck and will do whatever it takes to make it.  But
the really good ones care not only about the company but about the
person they're placing with the company, and won't place someone
unless they are qualified and a good fit.  Then insert a lot of stuff
about how HR does an absolutely terrible job of hiring people and how
the hiring process in general is retarded, and you've got an average
article by the Ask The Head Hunter guy.