[UPHPU] Graphic image re-sample code

Chad Sollis uphpu at sollis.net
Fri Apr 13 08:44:32 MDT 2007

Like Randy stated, PHP image manipulation is great (and fast).  I've used it
on many occasions from resizing full size photos to creating thumbnails on
the fly of products.

Here is the info on GD:  http://us2.php.net/gd

GD is typically installed with standard configurations and usually the
recommended approach.

That said, if you have access to install on your server, and you don't want
to reconfigure php... this tool also works really well:

http://www.imagemagick.org/script/index.php

Cheers,
Chad