[UPHPU] Theory of the DOM

Jacob Wright jacwright at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 09:42:15 MDT 2006

> Well, the topic sounds great but these videos are unplayable on Linux -
> now you see why proprietary Flash is bad for the web.

Haha, you could make the same argument against Open Source.  "See, it
doesn't work on Linux.  Without the driving commercial force of consumers
demanding products, Flash and other popular formats aren't supported as
well."

I'm not trying to start a flame war, but I see the benefit in open source
AND in commercially driven software.  I use high quality software of both
types and have seen really poor software of both types.

Jacob

--
Jacob Wright
Within Code LLC