[UPHPU] Apache and PHP on Windows XP

Scott Hill llihttocs at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 14:15:35 MDT 2006

On 10/17/06, peterfripp <peterfripp at oasisbb.net> wrote:

> I am a newbie and am trying to setup Apache to work with php on my Windows
> XP workstation.
>
> PHP is installed in the C:\php directory and works from the command line.
>
> Apache is installed in the C:\Program Files\Apache Software
> Foundation\Apache2.2 directory and starts as a service OK before I edit
> the httpd.conf file but as soon as I add the line:
>
> LoadModule php4_module "C:/php/sapi/php4apache2.dll"
>
> I get the message "Windows could not start the Apache2.2 on Local
> Computer. ...."
>
> Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

You need more information.  Try to locate the error.log and
access.logfiles.  On my older installation these files are in the
c:/program
files/apache group/apache/logs directory.  The error.log should tell you
exactly what the problem is.  If you don't want to trouble shoot then go for
Xampp.

--
Scott Hill

"May you solve interesting problems" - Author Unknown
"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." -
Sir Winston Churchill